Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday and it's Dorothy's Quilt

Dorothy has been working for ages on a quilt for her cousin who got married about three years ago.  It was to be a wedding present, but, well - good things take time!  She finally got the piecing done and I helped her put the back together and then loaded it on to Max.  It's a fabulous quilt to start with and I'm having a lot of fun quilting it! 




 
More will be revealed later!
 
AsI mentioned in my last post, I am officially out of storage space so now that I have a bit more time, I want to make a focused effort to make a dent in the stash!  I started off  with putting together a quilt for a 12 pack of fat quarters that Joan very kindly gave me as a cheer-up while I was recovering from my surgery.  I have such great friends!!!  So I made the blocks on Wed/Thurs then went over for a "play date" at Joan's and put the top together - here it is.
 
 
I used a pattern that I found here.  The blocks finished up at 9.5 inches, which is an unusual size I think.  This configuration is 6 * 7 blocks so 57 * 66.5 inches - a good size.
 
As usual, the pix don't show the colours very well..  One of these days I need to figure out how to fix that....
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: