Sunday, October 7, 2012

A few Christmas Items

I was exploring random quilting sites and came across this blog where the Oct 4/12 post showed these really adorable little baskets.  That blog in turn directed me to this site where the tutorial is.  It's always fun to find new ways to use up the left-overs.  I made a prototype (far right above).  They are really easy and pretty quick (under an hour) to make - including cutting.  My special people will be getting these for Christmas.  It turns out that a rolled up T-shirt fits perfectly in one basked.  This is good, since it seems T-shirts from our travels are a favorite gift.  Chris will get the one below with these most adorable little mini Mexican figurines (is that what you would call them?).  I'll probably make a few more. 

1 comment:

  1. Mary, what a great idea! I shall keep that in mind. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete