Saturday, July 3, 2010

Colour Outside the Lines

This is "Colour Outside the Lines."


This is what happens when two ideas come together.

Idea 1: I was looking at the entries for a kids colouring contest and observed the exuberant results of a small child "colouring" a colouring book type of picture - it ends up as a scribble with no concern for the outlines of the drawing. I thought "Outside the Lines" would make a good name for a quilt.

Idea 2: We were visiting relatives. It turns out Joe's great-niece's husband is colour blind so I jokingly told him I would make him a black and white quilt. Further thinking had me coming back to my idea of "Outside the Lines." I thought - black and white centre, for Jason, and colour "Outside the Lines" for the rest of the family. Hence - "Colour Outside the Lines."

This is the top - still needs to meet Harley. Actually - I have a backlog for Harley between my quilts and Divas quilts - so I will have to spend some quality time with Harley over the next little while.








2 comments:

  1. Black and white is always good.....and when you throw some colour at it it becomes even better!

    ReplyDelete