Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rwanda

It's Christmas party season. We were at Scott's party tonight and so was Margaret. My "Canada Scramble" quilt was "won" in a silent auction at a fund raiser for her charity Inspire Africa by a woman who is going to Rwanda to do more great work there. And she's taking "my" quilt, which is now hers. I'm very pleased about this.

It's gratifying to know that I can contribute to important work by making quilts. I don't have the stamina that people like Margaret have to physically go to places around the world and actually roll up my sleeves and help, but I would like to help in some way. So maybe this is the way. I told Margaret I would make a quilt for her each year for her fund raiser. The next one will be better because by then I hope to have a better mastery of Harley.

No comments:

Post a Comment