Thursday, December 10, 2009

Exit the Socks, Enter the ... well - not sure yet...


I had plans to do a couple of kids quilts next. But... I had an uncontrollable urge to start something a little less defined. One of my new books is Thinking Outside the Block. What's the point of having a pile of books if you're not going to use them? Sew.... I'm starting in at the beginning.

I haven't actually done a "real" quilt, but am thinking of doing a Queen size this time out. Using 6 inch blocks, I'll only need about 255 blocks! I will need to find more fabric. In any case, here is what I've started with. I think I'm up to close to 40 blocks right now. Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. I have that book and love it. You have chosen great colors. It's going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I love the colours you've chosen so far...and I do like your idea of the 6" blocks. You must have been busy though as you've already completed 40!! Nice job.
    What is the fabric line you are using or is it just a collection of your scraps. Love it though..
    Valerie
    http://www.pastimesonline.ca/block-of-the-month/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - the "fabric line" - I guess I could look but it's just a bunch of stuff I bought that I like. I bought a few of them here, a few there. I try to remember what I have so if I see something that might "go" with - I'll pick it up. Whan I started this quilting hobby a bit over a year ago, I found the whole concept of "fabric line" rather amusing. Still do, in fact. I see a couple of them are Robert Kaufman, one is Sara Moe, the stripes are something different, the stars would be, also.

    ReplyDelete