Thursday, September 17, 2009

Puttering

Elaine's place is progressing slowly, as I expected. Here is her house and imaginary picket fence and a couple of flowers - I think I've got six, maybe seven, flowers made. If I wasn't so lazy I'd get up and count them. But enough (I got sick of making them!). Next up will be some bluebirds. She calls the birds in her yard "LBBs" (little brown birds) - her quilt will have LBBs (little blue birds). More artistic licence. Although I may get bored with blue. Who knows?

Elaine's quilt is more complicated that I can handle after work - it will have to wait for weekends when I have a bit more energy to focus on the complicated stuff (at least for me it's complicated!), so I started cutting squares - about my speed after work. Assembling a bunch of nine patches using three inch squares - then sliced the nine patch in half both ways. We've seen this done in a few places so thought I'd give it a try. I'm not sure how I'll fit them together, but it will be very patriotic (OH Canada!) when it's done.


2 comments:

  1. It will certainly be Canadian when it's done - I'm sure it will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers - thanks for the nice comments, but I decided not to post your comment as you linked to a commercial site. -MD

    ReplyDelete