Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mid Week

I ordered this book awhile ago and it finally arrived the other day! I'm very excited! I think I have all the books I really want for now! I told Joe all I want to do now is stay home and sew. He said "and this is different from any other time how?" OK- I guess that would be what I always want to do. But- well - not such a big pay cheque there.

Anyway - the book is Quilters Playtime: Games with Fabrics by Diane S. Hire. I can't wait to dig in - but I probably will have to wait awhile because I've got a couple of other things on the go that will have to be finished to at least a quilt top stage before I start some new things.

****************
And speaking of needing to finish... here is the "Oh Canada" quilt top so far. I just randomly laid out ALL the cut up nine patches that I have made so far. I will probably need about three times this many to make a decent sized quilt. And also, I'll want to change up the way I've been putting the colours together. I think it will be OK - won't be my fav, but hey - it's an experiment. The colours are red, white, blue (the stripe) and black (heart Canada) - because I'm not sure you can tell in the pix.

2 comments:

  1. I have that book and absolutely love it. It was the basis for many of my wall hangings. Also a great way to use up some scraps. I cant' wait to see what you make using it as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks super fun...I've always wanted to do a black and white and red quilt - nice job. How large are those little sections?
    Valerie Moss
    www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

    ReplyDelete